December 27, 2012
There's a familiar flutter of excitement that fills my belly when I spy a photo booth somewhere. In Los Angeles there are quite a few of them and for a short time I was happy to track them down because of Foursquare (there was a photobooth related badge!)

But more than anything I really love vintage photo booth photos! And as I was perusing some of my favorites over at Vintage Photo, a vintage photo booth tumblr, I started wondering about the photo booth itself? When was it invented, who invented it?

Well, in the briefest history of the invention of the photo booth... the photo booth was invented by Siberian immigrant named Anatol Josepho in 1925 and in 1927 he was paid $1,000,000 for his invention (in today's money that is approximately $13 MILLION!)

The Invention of the Photo Booth

One of these days I'm going to wear one of my 1940s inspired outfits and pop into a photo booth. I'll probably liken it to time traveling. Ooo isn't that a pleasant thought! Here are some more gorgeous (and vintage fashion inspiring!) photobooth snaps from the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s. J'adore!

The Invention of the Photo Booth


history source & photo of anatol josepho: wikipedia images from: vintagephoto.tumblr.com

7 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee