May 26, 2012
I love these vintage photographs from the 1940s and the 1950s... they give off such a wonderful feeling of nostalgia. Happy times spent under the warmth of the summer sunshine. These photographs just make me so happy!

Vintage Streetstyle Inspiration | Summer in the 1940s & 1950s Vintage Streetstyle Inspiration | Summer in the 1940s & 1950s Vintage Streetstyle Inspiration | Summer in the 1940s & 1950s Vintage Streetstyle Inspiration | Summer in the 1940s & 1950s Vintage Streetstyle Inspiration | Summer in the 1940s & 1950s Vintage Streetstyle Inspiration | Summer in the 1940s & 1950s Vintage Streetstyle Inspiration | Summer in the 1940s & 1950s Vintage Streetstyle Inspiration | Summer in the 1940s & 1950s

I am absolutely swooning over the gal's bathing suit (two pictures up) and her beau has great style too! I am totally digging their whole look! I need to buy more hot pants! I love vintage short shorts, mostly because they flatter my figure better. I'm definitely "vintage shaped" which I'm happy about, no complaints here, but it does make finding modern day clothing that fits my more retro sensibilities a bit difficult.

sources // les femmes vintage | q's daydream

19 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, these are amazing! Thanks for sharing.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Glad you liked them as much as me!

      Delete
  2. These photos are gorgeous! I wish I had been born in that era. Where did you find the photos? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top one is my fave, don't those two girls look so happy :)

    Penny Dreadful Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all are smiling in the same way! It looks so sweet, eg on 5th picture. Amazing set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love vintage photos. :) Especially that second photo with the matching suits! How adorable!
    xo, Tori
    http://daisiesandpixiedust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING photos! I love the one of the 40s girls in the carved wood heels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, thank you for sharing these! I absolutely feel so inspired now!!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a great post...beautiful imagees!!
    ahhh life before the internet and smart phones...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so cute! I could just look at them all day...the clothes, the cuteness, the happiness.. it just makes me smile :-)
    I especially love the plaid dress in the first pic and the plaid playsuit in the second pic. I'm inspired to sew my own version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky you can sew! If you do make the playsuit, let me know, would love to see!

      Delete
  10. These pictures are great. You are right the hot pants back then have a totally different fit than the ones in stores today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are a wonderful set of pictures, sets us up for the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing these - they do make me exceptionally happy, too!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures and beautiful blog!
    Have a great week.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love these pictures especially the first

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love these photos, always puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They all look simple, but classy. Wonderful collection. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey all are smiling in the same way

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee