November 19, 2009
Scans from vintage Seventeen magazines dating from the late 60s and early 70s (1969, 1970, and 1971 to be exact). I love the clothing from this time period, so I thought I would share. My favorite ad is probably the one for Yardley's 'Devonshire Cream lipstick'. So pretty!

Click on image for full size
262463

34141

132314

Some Autumn/Winter outfit ideas from the 1970s
234314

241546

3453463

125315


Sorry some of them are cut off. My scanner is quite tiny compared to the magazines themselves. Vintage Seventeen magazines measure about 13.5" x 10" compared to our standard 11" x 8.5" issues now.

6 comments:

  1. great photos! I recently got a seventeen magazine from 1955 or so. You wouldn't believe how many ads for wedding rings there are! Hopefully I'll have a chance to scan it soon, there are some cool shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love every single shoot! it has a vintage vibe going on!
    http://parisianwoman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! thanks for sharing .... vintage magazines are some of the best resources for reactivities .... those are really wonderful images!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the top in the beach shot. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! These are wonderful, especially the boho patterned dress!! I recently posted some 70s magazine pics I came across on my blog also, if you'd like to have a look here is the link xx
    http://wholivesinthatteacup.blogspot.com/2009/11/hey-kids-its-crochet-mini-shorts.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee